Raise your paw if you think you’re the top dog when it comes to canine knowledge. Take this 10-question quiz and find out! Questions are from the American Kennel Club, Animal Planet, and Pet Place. Answers are below.
1. The American Kennel Club currently registers a total of how many dog breeds?
2. A dog’s ____ is as unique as a human fingerprint.
3. What is the name of the dog on the Cracker Jack box?
4. A dog’s first sense to develop is ____.
5. Which dog breed is the fastest on the planet, with speeds of up to 45 mph?
A. Border Collie
B. Great Dane
C. Jack Russell Terrier
6. For the first ____ of its life, a Dalmatian’s spots are only visible on the skin under the fur. Then the spots emerge.
A. 4-5 days
B. 10-14 days
C. 2-3 months
7. Walt Disney’s family dog was a poodle named ____.
8. At the end of the song “____,” Paul McCartney recorded a high-pitched whistle that only dogs can hear. This was done specially for his pup, Martha.
B. “Coming Up”
C. “A Day in the Life”
D. “A Hard Day’s Night”
9. The most popular dog breed in Atlanta, Boston, and Chicago is the ____.
A. French Bulldog
B. Golden Retriever
C. German Shepherd
D. Labrador Retriever
10. Seventy percent of dog owners do what?
A. Sign their dog’s name on holiday cards.
B. Let their dog sleep in their bed.
C. Leave messages on the answering machine for their dog.
D. Put their dog in family and holiday portraits.
Answers: 1) C. 2) B. 3) A. 4) C. 5) D. 6) B. 7) B. 8) C. 9) D. 10) A.